Sunday, March 28, 2004


~Fat SCUBA Adventures~


Oh happy day! I have finally been clued in to the most amazing thing. SCUBA diving adventures for fat women! Yeah! Yippee!

Now I've been dive certified since 1999 and I've lived in Hawaii since 2000. So you'd think I've gotten alot of bubble time logged, right?

Wrong!

I tried diving once here and it was a disaster for a variety of reasons. One of which was the last 40 pounds I had gained that made me feel I was "too fat" to dive.

I haven't attempted to dive since.

Along comes a friend from the GabCafe telling me about this wonderful place called Big Adventures where they take fat women on SCUBA diving trips.

Whoa! Excitement! Elation! Joy! But wait, where are they located?

So I checked out the website and it turns out that they are on Maui! It's just a short 30 minute flight from my island. Added bonus - my mom lives there so I have a free place to stay, plus I get to visit with mom. Two for one! I score!

This is a group that will understand my special needs (i.e. more weight, assistance getting the right sized equipment, etc.).

Did I mention it was ALL WOMEN?!!!

Oh happy day indeed!

I am so looking forward to my trip in June.

And it just goes to show that size does not have to hinder you from the things you love. I now know I must never give up any of the things I enjoy simply because I feel "too fat" to do them.

I will live a full and rich life.

"Under the sea, under the sea, everything's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me!"

The voice of Sebastian the Crab fills the room.

Time to go get wet!

No comments: