Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Football Experience - 31 Days til Tryouts

7:00pm - I waited, nervously, for members of the team and the coach to arrive. Would I be able to keep up? Would I injure myself on my very first day out? Would everyone see just how weak and unfit I am?

Luckily, none of those things happened. We met up and did a little stretching before setting off for a brisk walk around a very large park in Ventura. One loop equaled approximately 1.5 miles. We walked one loop and though I got a bit out of breath on the uphill portions, I managed to complete one circuit. We started our second circuit and made it about 1/4 of the way around until we turned into the park's entrance and jogged the remaining 100 yards or so.

I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. I thought I would give up and quit. But I didn't. Though I staggered the final few yards, I made it.

Now I feel just a little bit stronger.

2 comments:

Aimee Sandifer said...

Yay!! Good luck Kelly!

Lauren said...

Cool! It was a great walk. FYI Mr. Walters is not a coach. He's Dozer's dad and helps us but has not done so as a coach.