Friday, October 07, 2011

Eight Days Until Football Tryouts!

That was a close call! I previously wrote about my fear of quitting after being sick, how it always seems to happen like that, etc. I've been over my cold for over a week, yet I procrastinated on getting back into the swing of prep for tryouts.

But I went to the gym today. Wow, am I a noodle! I did a 200 meter row warm-up, followed by 4 x 50 meter row sprints, Abdominal Rotations (1 set, each side, 10 reps at 30 lbs.) and Abdominal Crunches (2 set, 10 reps each at 35 lbs.).

It was a short workout, but it felt really good (even though I feel woefully limp). Since I have a tendency to overdo and then end up laid up for days, I decided to take it pretty easy today. Tomorrow I plan on stepping up my game a little bit...then again on Sunday...and Monday.

It's just a little more than a week until tryouts and I don't feel ready...at all. Still, I'm going to go out there, give it my best, and leave it all out on the field.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I know you'll do fine. Relax and be happy :)